The OpenRA developers are steadily working towards the next stable releasing to continue supporting Red Alert, Command & Conquer and Dune 2000 on modern platforms with full cross-platform play.
Here's what's new / changed in playtest-20230808:
- Added Red Alert mission Soviet13b.
- Fixed maps with Lua scripts not running on dedicated servers.
- Fixed Save Game dialog not exiting with ESC and ⏎ not triggering sound response.
- Fixed observer vision stats alignment for Tiberian Dawn.
- Fixed aircraft jittering when flying between two animation stages.
- Fixed crate bonus not always being applied to the nearest units.
- Fixed missing "Low Power" audio notification.
- Fixed map import crashing when encountering unknown tile types.
- Fixed a crash when changing the display scale.
That is on top of all the previous changes included in the previous playtest that added in more missions and also fixes a lot of bugs. The full changelog is here for the upcoming stable release. Shouldn't be too long before the next stable release is out properly which is going to be great!
See more on OpenRA on the official site.