Arcadian Atlas is a 2D isometric tactical role playing game about the choices people make in pursuit of the things they love, and the havoc it wreaks on a kingdom. It looks great with some wonderful pixel-art for fans of games like Final Fantasy Tactics.
Available now with Native Linux support and while it has no official Steam Deck rating yet it should work great, with the developer regularly testing it prior to release.
In order to save Arcadia, players need to build an elite party of adventurers from more than 12 unique classes, each with their own custom skill trees and equipment ranging from potion-brewing apothecaries to magic-channeling warmancers. Strategic, turn-based battles will determine the fate of both the kingdom of Arcadia and its people. Every single action counts: just one wrong move could tear your party and the land itself apart for good.
Our friends at SteamDeckHQ also recently interviewed the developer. Here's an interesting excerpt:
I know that a native Linux version of the game will be released as well. Were there any challenges unique to developing for Linux over Windows or Mac?
Paddy, our programmer, hit the ground running with Linux from the outset, and we were constantly cognizant of both Linux and Mac needs while developing within Unity to ensure we could deliver stellar experiences across all three platforms. And Unity makes that incredibly easy as well, to the point where we were pretty shocked there weren’t more issues taking a Windows build to Mac or Linux, but the process was relatively painless.
- Explore the Land - Travel through the vast and beautiful landscape of Arcadia, battling across dozens of maps including ancient ruins, seaside villages, snow-capped mountains, and verdant forests.
- Engage in Strategic Battles - Utilize 150+ unique combat skills to shift the tides of the battlefield. Deploy tactical traps, use magic to buff your soldiers’ abilities, and exploit your enemies’ weaknesses to gain victory.
- Rally the Troops - Build an army from 12 different classes; customize their mastery across 25 unique skill trees; and arm them with weapons, armor, and powerful accessories to amplify their abilities.
- Experience the Masterpiece - Enjoy the exquisite ambiance of Arcadia with an inspired jazz-infused soundtrack and detailed art nouveau-style character portraits.
- Discover the Epic Narrative - As fates intertwine, the heart-wrenching stories of Vashti, Desmond, and all of Arcadia unfold in this rich tale of war and magic across 70+ unique campaign encounters.
You can buy it on Steam.