The best way to play the classic Theme Hospital on modern systems is here, with the release of the game engine reimplementation CorsixTH version 0.67. Read on for what's new.
Sometimes nothing beats the classics right? I spent many hours of my youth playing through Theme Hospital with all its weird and quirky things you needed to treat.
What's new in this release:
- The backend code for MIDI playback has been changed on Windows and real pause logic has been re-enabled. Please be aware that things such as application volume and audio quality may change depending on your configuration from ≤0.66.
- The original demo gameplay video now plays when the CorsixTH main menu is idle (this can be disabled in the configuration file).
- File browser menus now have an OK button (at last!).
- Selecting an existing file in the Save Game/Map browsers will now update the text input box to that file name.
Other changes and improvements:
- Handymen now always stay in their assigned plots, except when going to rest.
- Staff members now have a maximum salary, which can be configured in custom levels.
- The game will now always use the GP's choice of next diagnosis room for the patient, if available.
- Queueing patients are now shown when hovering a door.
- Epidemics can no longer fail because an infected patient left before the epidemic was revealed.
- Balance changes to drug improvement research.
- Check for updates can now be disabled in Settings.
- Check for updates timeout duration significantly reduced.
- "Pause" now shows up when the "Build while paused" setting is on and the game is paused.
- The gamelog file now includes a timestamp.
- Support for detecting Theme Hospital game files from an EA Store install.
- Many, many, refactors of the code to make it better to understand for future developers.
- Contact methods to reach the CorsixTH Team have been updated.
See more on the official site.
You need the data files from the original games which you can buy on GOG.com.